Blank page after migration from localhost

Hi,

I have built a website with MODX 3.0.3 locally on my computer and now it’s time to migrate it on my server.
I did this job several times with lot of websites but today I get headache !
I follow the docs and cleared the cache… I obviously miss something, but what ?
I get a blank page and the log are not understandable for me.
Here the apache error log :

[Thu Jan 19 18:32:08.322266 2023] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2985797:tid 139653638235904] [client 82.33.33.33:0] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class “ModxPro\PdoTools\Parsing\Parser” not found in /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/components/pdotools/bootstrap.php:38\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): MODX\Revolution\modX->{closure}()\n#1 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/Services/Container.php(29): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()\n#2 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modX.php(757): MODX\Revolution\Services\Container->get()\n#3 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modElement.php(685): MODX\Revolution\modX->getParser()\n#4 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modX.php(1708): MODX\Revolution\modElement->getProperties()\n#5 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modX.php(585): MODX\Revolution\modX->invokeEvent()\n#6 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/index.php(59): MODX\Revolution\modX->initialize()\n#7 {main}\n thrown…’

Here the apache error log after the setup process (finish with success accept this error!) :

[Thu Jan 19 18:24:16.045752 2023] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 2985796:tid 139654619723520] [client 82.33.33.33:0] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class “ModxPro\PdoTools\Parsing\Parser” not found in /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/components/pdotools/bootstrap.php:38\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/pimple/pimple/src/Pimple/Container.php(122): MODX\Revolution\modX->{closure}()\n#1 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/Services/Container.php(29): Pimple\Container->offsetGet()\n#2 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modX.php(757): MODX\Revolution\Services\Container->get()\n#3 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modElement.php(685): MODX\Revolution\modX->getParser()\n#4 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modX.php(1708): MODX\Revolution\modElement->getProperties()\n#5 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/src/Revolution/modX.php(585): MODX\Revolution\modX->invokeEvent()\n#6 /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php(421): MODX\Revolution\modX->init…’, referer: https://website.tld/setup/index.php?action=complete

Inside the MODX log (not so fresh, but it can help) :

[2023-01-19 17:59:52] (ERROR @ /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 1272) Problem getting service clientconfig, instance of class ClientConfig, from path /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/components/clientconfig/model/clientconfig/
[2023-01-19 17:59:52] (ERROR @ /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 666) Could not load class: ClientConfig from clientconfig
[2023-01-19 17:59:52] (ERROR @ /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 1272) Problem getting service clientconfig, instance of class ClientConfig, from path /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/components/clientconfig/model/clientconfig/
[2023-01-19 17:59:52] (ERROR @ /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 666) Could not load class: ClientConfig from clientconfig
[2023-01-19 18:01:29] (ERROR @ /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 472) Path specified for package Collections\Model is not a valid or accessible directory: /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/components/collections/src/
[2023-01-19 18:01:30] (ERROR @ /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 472) Path specified for package Collections\Model is not a valid or accessible directory: /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/components/collections/src/
[2023-01-19 18:01:31] (ERROR @ /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 472) Path specified for package Collections\Model is not a valid or accessible directory: /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/components/collections/src/
[2023-01-19 18:01:31] (ERROR @ /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 472) Path specified for package Collections\Model is not a valid or accessible directory: /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/components/collections/src/
[2023-01-19 18:05:30] (ERROR @ /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 472) Path specified for package Collections\Model is not a valid or accessible directory: /home/MPE/web/website.tld/public_html/core/components/collections/src/

Is someone get an idea ?

That looks a lot like you either didn’t upload all of core/components/, or it does not have the right file permissions to be read.

You were right : some files missing during the transfer due to rsync exclude parameters :frowning:
I still have error, but something change in the good way :slight_smile:

Transferring the files individually with FTP often results in missing or corrupted files. The same might be true of rsync.

You might want to try zipping up the files, transfer the .zip file, and extract them on the server. Don’t include the config.inc.php file or any of the config.core.php files when you zip them up. You should also leave out the index.php file in the root if you have modified it on the new install.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.