Articles based blog turns up empty after PHP upgrade

After my provider updated PHP to 7.3, my articles based blog generates an empty page.

Log shows these errors:

[2020-05-01 19:08:20] (ERROR @ /home/artifac/elsenaarabc.nl/core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 541) Could not find snippet with name If.
[2020-05-01 19:08:20] (ERROR @ /home/artifac/elsenaarabc.nl/core/cache/includes/elements/modsnippet/28.include.cache.php : 142) PHP warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[2020-05-01 19:08:20] (ERROR @ /home/artifac/elsenaarabc.nl/core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 541) Could not find snippet with name If.

My regular pages also generate tons of the 541) Could not find snippet with name If. errors. I looked for a snippet with that name to no avail.
I upgraded extra’s and such to see if that helped, but no result.

Any ideas?

MODX 2.7.3
PHP 7.3

The first thing to try is installing the If snippet. Go to Extras -> Installer and click on the “Download Extras” button. Search for If, download, and install it.

I don’t think it will solve your problem with Articles unless the If snippet is used in one of your Articles templates or Tpl chunks, but it might, and it should clean up the error log.

Thanks Bob, that def helped cleaning up the log file!
In the mean time traced the problem to a JSONDerulo failing on a Twitter API deprecation. So was caught looking into the wrong direction.

API changes are a constant headache. I’m glad you got it sorted. :slight_smile: