After upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 manager not works anymore. It shows always the login page. If I write a wrong password appears the “The username or password you entered is incorrect. Please check the username, re-type the password, and try again.” If I use correct credentials it not prints any errors and shows the standard login page.
Login into the manager pages
Debian 11, Apache and MySQL. Browser: Firefox and Chrome
In the apache error logs there is nothing. Under cache/logs/errors.log I see:
[2022-12-27 17:32:37] (ERROR @ /var/www/modx/core/src/Revolution/modX.php : 1713) [OnHandleRequest]web
[2022-12-27 17:32:37] (ERROR @ /var/www/modx/core/src/Revolution/modParser.php : 509) Could not find snippet with name lingua.getValue.
the second row is printed a lot of times
I disabled lingua when I updated to 3, probability there are references to it in some template.
Do you have some idea / suggestion how to debug this problem?
Thank you, kind regards
The web site is running fine, seems limited to the manager.
Today I disabled all the plugins via mysql but nothing is changed. Can I enable some debug log that can helps to debug this problem?
When you open the developer tools in the browser, are there any errors in the tab “Console”? Any errors in the response of requests in the “Network” tab?
Did you clear the cache directory (
core/cache) after this change?
Yes I clean up the core/cache
In network I see this:
DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for http://126.96.36.199/manager/templates/default/css/login-min.css.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
The file is missing form the distribution of modx. But this is only a warning.
This is weird. After the login, the page should redirect .(This is the line with the Status = 302, so that seems to happen.)
But then the request (the 3. line) still shows the login form?
Maybe there is some problem with the session management.
Do you get the cookie (developer tools → tab “Storage”)?
to reduce the external causes:
UPDATE modx_site_plugins SET disabled = 1;
UPDATE modx_transport_packages SET disabled = 1;
I don’t think a plugin is the problem here.
Do you use the standard session handler class?
What is the value of the system setting
session_handler_class (database table
modx_system_settings → key =
session_handler_class | modSessionHandler
Try changing that to
Then clear the cache again.
I did a fresh install and also that one had the same problem and holy crap was in the apache2 conf!
Header always edit Set-Cookie ^(.*)$ "$1; HttpOnly; Secure" used in production and back ported to test, the internal devel site don’t uses HTTPS.
How to waste one day in test for a trivial thing
halftrainedharry tnx for your time and help
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.