2.7.1: Could not find action file at: controllers/default/resource/trash.php

Hi

When I want to purge deleted files I get the following message:

Could not find action file at: controllers/default/resource/trash.php

I’ve got a fresh 2.7.1 advanced install on php7.2.

I noticed that the controllers directory is a subdirectory of the manager directory. I made a soft link, but that did not solve the problem as the file “trash.php” is not present.

Did anyone have the same problem?

Kind regards

Ludo Vangilbergen

There should be a trash.class.php (note that’s .class.php, not the .php from the error message) - does that exist and have proper file permissions?

Hi Mark

Thanks for replying.

I just downloaded modx-2.7.1-pl-advanced from the modx website again, unzipped it and searched for ‘trash.class.php’.

Or should that class file generated at the installation proces?

There is a trash directory in ‘core/model/modx/processors/resource’. But it only contains the following class files: getlist.class.php, purge.class.php and restore.class.php.

Regards

Ludo

1 Like

Well, there is a trash.class.php file in

/packages/core/modContext/4f8c6e47f98e3bac2fde790d47b73660/1/controllers/default/resource/

under the installed core.

(I’ve got a multi-site, single core setup).

Ludo

Hi

Just checked one of the websites that it still on 2.7.0. (It is part of the same multi-site, single core setup).

There I find a trash.class.php file (deep down) under the manager subdirectory, which is missing from all my sites running 2.7.1.

Isn’t that a strange coincidence?

Ludo

Hi Mark

One step further: after executing an “upgrade” (doing the same setup once again), I found the trash.class.php file in controllers/default/resource.
The error message has disappeared, but I get an empty space instead of a list of deleted items.
Any idea why? Persmissions?
Regards
Ludo

Any javascript errors?

I found some time to get back to this issue.

When I do a fresh install of 2.7.1, I cannot purge deleted files. The system reports:

‘Could not find action file at: controllers/default/resource/trash.php’

When I first install 2.7.0 and do an upgrade to 2.7.1, the purge functionality works.

So I’m inclined to think that there must be a bug somewhere in the installation process of 2.7.1.

Kind regards

Ludo