Use importx to import weblinks

I am moving some resources (weblinks) from our production to at development server to test and implement some design changes.

I created a resource that uses getresources to create a csv for importx. I can import the resources as documents but not weblinks. I experimented with using Resource Type [[+class_key]] as column in the csv. BUT cannot as the import fails when setting class_key to modWebLink.

I hoped batcher would have the option to change the Resource Type but it is not there.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Roy

It might be possible to modify the importx code so it will allow weblinks.

Would be useful to see a sample your csv and the output of importx. I’d expect a class_key column with value modWeblink to work.

Mark,
I got it to work. The change I made was to add class_key to the tpl for the getResources call export.

I had exported the CSV realized I left out two fields (parent and class_key) so I added them in excel and saved as CSV. I must have made a mistake with case or spelling when I added modWebLink to the excel file.

Thanks,
Roy

PS Looks like operator error!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.