Unable to edit page. Settings fail to load

Summary

I am able to edit every page of my website bar one. Uusally when I click on a page I am able to access all my tabs (Document, Settings, Resource Group, Versions, SEO). When I click on one page nothing happens. The page loads but none of the tabs show up and instead I am greeted with a blank area.

Observed behavior

It is only one page that is affected. All other pages work fine.

Environment

MODX Version 2.7.1

Check your browsers developer tools console. Perhaps there’s something special on that page that’s causing a javascript error.

Is there anything particular to look for?

No, just post whatever error messages you see in the console. With error messages we can advise you on next steps.

(If you’re not sure what I mean by the “browser developer tools console, right” click the page and click Inspect or Inspect Element. In the new frame that opens, open the Console tab. Refresh the page with that panel open)

I’ve got Two Syntax Erors and Two Type Errors

SyntaxError: missing } after property list note: { opened at line 47, column 22
SyntaxError: unexpected token: identifier

TypeError: fp is undefined
TypeError: Ext.getcmp(…) is undefined

In what files do those errors happen?

manager:52:67
manager:47:22
manager:75:75

seopro.js:88:9
resource.js:231:39

Update 1 : Uninstalling and removing SEO Pro Extra has removed the following errors
SyntaxError: unexpected token: identifier
TypeError: fp is undefined

Errors that remain are;
SyntaxError: missing } after property list note: { opened at line 47, column 22
TypeError: Ext.getcmp(…) is undefined

The first thing I always try it manually clearing the site cache (in case the cache for that page has been corrupted). The CacheClear extra will do this for you.

A syntax error in a processor will return a PHP error instead of its intended payload. If you turn on the developer console and watch the Network tab, you can click on the call to the processor and look at the response tab. A normal return is a JSON string, an error will show a mess of HTML with the error embedded in it.

A syntax error in a plugin will crash a page. You can try disabling plugins and clearing the cache to see if that helps.

Sometimes, a page will have something goofy embedded in it. Copying the page content to a text editor, then creating a new page and pasting in that content can sometimes solve things.

Hi Bob

Thanks for your help. The solution was to simply like you suggested, copying the page contents to a new page. Everything is now working fine. Thnaks again.

I’m glad I could help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.