Sudden SQL syntax error in manager displaying TVs in categories

Summary

Template variables that are sorted in categories are not listed correctly in the manager anymore. In the vertical tabs column under the horizontal “Template Variables” tab, only one tab is rendered, but it has no text. In the TV area, the TVs of the last category are displayed.

Environment

MODX version 2.7.1
PHP 7.2

The mysql version has been updated from 5.x to 8.0.19-10 recently, about the same time the error appeared.

There has been no other work on the site, besides on content.

The following error seems to be connected to the issue:

[2020-07-06 11:01:45] (ERROR @ /is/htdocs/xxx/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42000 executing statement: 
Array
(
    [0] => 42000
    [1] => 1064
    [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ASC, category ASC' at line 1
)

[EDIT]
seems similar to this issue:

Please update to the most recent version of MODX (2.7.3), if the issue still occurs please let us know.

Thanks @joshualuckers. That seems to have done the trick. Life can be so easy sometimes…

2 Likes

I’m getting this same error.
I’ve upgraded to 2.8.3.
The Formalicious forms aren’t displaying on the front end either and wonder if the two things might be related?

[2021-07-22 11:49:26] (ERROR @ /home2/site/public_html/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42000 executing statement: 
Array
(
    [0] => 42000
    [1] => 1064
    [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ASC' at line 1
)

This might be an issue with Formalicious, there is an issue on GitHub that might be related to the issue you’re experiencing.

Thanks, I’ll check it out.