Sort categories in resource

Hi all,
Is there any way to set the order of the categories in the resource?

When I try to change the rank of the category, the change is not saved.!

categories|690x331

MODx Revolution 2.8.1-pl
PHP 7.3
MariaDB

When you right-click the category and choose “Rename Category”, you should be able to set the rank. This rank then should affect the order of the vertical tabs in the “Template Variables” tab of the resource.

• How do you try the change the rank of the category?
  • When you check the column rank of the database table modx_categories, do you see the ranks that you set?
2 Likes

I’m not sure, but it seems to be a bug. I am doing exactly as you described. Right click, rename, rewrite rank, save.

If I right-click the category again and click Rename again, it still says the old value. But when I reload the page or look into the database, the value was entered there.

I see what you mean.
After a change you have to click on the ‘refresh’-button manually to see the changed rank.
But as long as the data changes in the database, this shouldn’t be much of a problem. Maybe you can file it as a bug on github.

1 Like

I am glad that it works now. I have now adjusted the categories directly via the database, which was much faster.

Thanks for your support!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.