MODX Community

Site temporarily unavailable on migrated site

We’re in process of migrating a site from Godaddy to A2 hosting. A2 migrated the site, files and database. The site produces a Site temporarily unavailable error as expected since A2 support doesn’ update the config files.

I updated all the paths in all three config files, cleared the cache, still getting the Site temporarily unavailable.

I compared the path statements with other A2 hosted Modx site I manage. the format is consistent.

I uploaded the setup file for this version of Modx to rerun the setup. This results in:

Fatal error : Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template ‘file:header.tpl’ <-- thrown in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/model/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 195

I also see this in the cache error log, followed by a half dozen additional errors.

[2019-11-10 11:46:30] (ERROR in xPDOConnection::connect @ /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 3119) SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘xxxxxxx_xxxxxxx’@‘xx.xx.xx.xx’ (using password: YES)

I tried creating a new database user with a new password, gave the user all privileges and updated the config file. No change.

I also tried rolling back the php version, but that had no effect.

Environment

Modx 2.7.2
Apache Version 2.4.41
PHP Version 7.2.24
MySQL Version 10.3.18-MariaDB-cll-lve

I’ve run out of ideas.

1 Like

Here’s a post from last year that has this same error (in a middle post) and has this solution

I solved my issue. A line was wrong in my /core/config/config.inc.php file

/home/www/
should be
/home/clients/

But that might be a different case. For now, pls delete the cache repeatedly and check your paths or post them here. This should be a paths issue tbh

https://forums.modx.com/thread/104517/smarty-fatal-error-since-i-migrate-my-host-provider-platform

Yes. I saw that post as well. It does seem like this a path issue and yet, it looks OK to me.

Here’s the path from another site on the same hosting company, A2, that IS working. The format of the path is identical except for the client account name in the xxxxxxxx.

$modx_core_path= ‘/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/’;

Here’s the path for the site that is not working.

$modx_core_path= ‘/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/core/’;

I’ve cleared the cache after each change. So yes, many, many times.

1 Like

That might be on A2s side, maybe contact them…

Assuming you have the correct details from A2, the problem does likely come from the core/config/config.inc.php file.

When changing database credentials, make sure the $database_dsn is correct as well; that includes the database name and host which are also in a separate variable.

1 Like