Resource FormIt field with select option from a custom database table

You could try doing the first 2 steps manually (‘create package’ and ‘save schema’) and then test if the rest works.

Create these 3 folders by hand:

core/components/{package_name}
core/components/{package_name}/model
core/components/{package_name}/model/schema

Then place your schema-file with the name {package_name}.mysql.schema.xml in the folder core/components/{package_name}/model/schema/.

Continue with the button ‘parse schema’ and check if that works (should create a new folder core/components/{package_name}/model/{package_name} and some files in it).
Always make sure that the field ‘Package Name:’ in the form above is filled out!

I did not clean the error log but I shall do that. Also I shall get the system error log when I next get to the computer. Shall send it later. Thanks

Ther= modx error log is now empty after trying MIGX but the system error log is

Maybe you could copy&paste the text instead of making a screenshot so the text isn’t cut off on both sides.

It would not allow me to copy. Sorry.

I think MIGX wants to create a directory with the permission 777, but you don’t have the rights to do that.

mkdir($packagepath, 0777);

Have you tried to create the directories yourself (as described in my post above).

Or you could change the permissions in the file core/components/migx/processors/mgr/packagemanager/packagemanager.class.php to mkdir($packagepath, 0755); and see if that works.

Thanks for that. I shall try later.

I have changed the permissions in the package.class.php to 755.

The system error now states

[Thu Jun 25 09:43:41.331265 2020] [:error] [pid 598142:tid 23058791626496] [client 86.178.233.197:63414] SoftException in Application.cpp:657: Directory “/home2/beacona1/public_html/honours/assets/components” is writeable by group, referer: https://beacon-associates.co.uk/honours/manager/?a=index&namespace=migx&configs=packagemanager||migxconfigs||setup

I have no clue. So I just google the error message and maybe this helps.

Thanks halftrainedharry. I’ll look into it. Good to know there’s people like you and Bruno wanting to help.

try to change that file like that:

I started from new again with a new database and modx install. I installed the MIGX extra and changed the packagemanager file as per Bruno17’x github file.
MIGX still didn’t work but by working through the system error log it appears that the assets and assets/components folders had permissions set to 775 i.e. writeable by group. After changing to 755 it appears to work.

I shall continue to explore MIGX as per the MIGX video and see how I get on. Hopefully no more issues.
Thanks once again for all your help.