Package Manager crashed by loading getDate (MODX 3.0.1-pl)

Hi, I used the package manager in MODX 3.0.1-pl to load the getDate snippet. Now the package manager doesn’t work anymore. The “package update check” runs infinite.

The dashboard shows only error messages (the path has been anonymised by me):

TypeError: count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, string given
 MODX\Revolution\Processors\Workspace\Packages\GetList->checkForUpdates() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.updates.php:78
 modDashboardWidgetUpdates->render() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/core/src/Revolution/modDashboardWidgetInterface.php:81
 MODX\Revolution\modDashboardWidgetInterface->process() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/core/src/Revolution/modDashboardWidget.php:134
 MODX\Revolution\modDashboardWidget->getContent() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/core/src/Revolution/modDashboard.php:122
 MODX\Revolution\modDashboard->render() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/manager/controllers/default/welcome.class.php:109
 WelcomeManagerController->process() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/core/src/Revolution/modManagerController.php:178
 MODX\Revolution\modManagerController->render() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/core/src/Revolution/modManagerResponse.php:114
 MODX\Revolution\modManagerResponse->outputContent() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/core/src/Revolution/modManagerRequest.php:173
 MODX\Revolution\modManagerRequest->prepareResponse() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/core/src/Revolution/modManagerRequest.php:143
 MODX\Revolution\modManagerRequest->handleRequest() in /var/www/vhosts/…/httpdocs/manager/index.php:60

Is there a solution to solve the problem? What can I do? Please help, I’m not able to solve this myself. Many thanks!

Hi @videoschlumpf

I’ve had this issue a few times and the only solution I’ve found is to remove the offending extra from the modx_transport_packages table in the database.

You may want to backup your database, or at least that table, first.

1 Like

Many thanks. Checked the database and the table modx_transport_packages. Removed getDate from the table and now it’s ok.

1 Like

The problem seems to be, that the manager tries to check for package updates by calling the API

But for some reason the API returns an error for the getDate package

	<message>No Package release found.</message>
		No published versions of the Package could be found supporting your environment.

and this is not handled gracefully by the code.

As a temporary fix, you could also just change the value of the column “provider” to 0 for the offending row in the database table modx_transport_packages (instead of deleting the whole row).
This should prevent the code from checking for updates.


This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.