Only See Buttons - Blank Resource & Template in Manager versionx clientconfig

Real fun problem here, I’ve done a fresh install twice with what seems like the problem starting after installing clientconfig but removing it doesnt fix the problem.

SKIP AHEAD - I found the issue and it was fixed by removing versionX. I dont know if this is a versionx issue or a conflict between versionx and clientconfig but I removed both and then the full manager came back.

Note - the full page would load for a second and then go mostly blank like the image shows and console shows pretty much every resource is 404 (but again they load for a split second).

Hope this saves someone else some trouble and having to reinstall modx.

WELP, looks like the resources worked but when I go to use client config that page says the connector is broken and does the same thing (only buttons show). Perhaps this is a general MODx issue.

Hi, developer of both ClientConfig and VersionX here. :wave: :slight_smile:

As there are no known manager-breaking-issues on either, and I’m also not aware of any conflicts, please post any errors you’re getting… in the browser developer console, MODX error log, etc.

1 Like

WOW, big guns is here :slight_smile: Nice to meet ya.

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Yes I will check that now.

1 Like

BTW love your extras! I use them all the time. Great work!

Ok so all I had was Ace installed and manager shows no errors. I reinstalled client config and got this: (it only happens once I click admin)

Console shows the pic

Error log shows this:
[2019-08-01 12:00:57] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:00:57] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:00:57] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:00:57] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:00:58] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:00:58] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:00:58] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:00:58] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:05] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:05] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:07] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:07] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:08] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:08] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:09] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:09] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:16] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2019-08-01 12:01:16] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ /home/pdsdiyhel/public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.

1 Like

Deprecation notices can be safely ignored.

The first error in the console suggests that either the connector file does not exist (check if it does in the file manager or via ftp/ssh).

More likely, its file permissions are wrong.

Depending on your server configuration, directories typically need to be 0755 and files need 0644. When set differently (e.g. 0777, 0666, or lower) the server will reject access to them. In this case, one of the following is probably set wrong:

• /assets/ - should typically be 0755
  • /assets/components/ - should typically be 0755
  • /assets/components/clientconfig/ - should typically be 0755
  • /assets/components/clientconfig/connector.php - should typically be 0644

Check via FTP/SSH and correct that.

1 Like

They all are there and match what you put. :confused:

Keep looking into file permissions and consult your server admin/host if needed. It’s almost certainly related to file permissions. Like I said that’s the typical numbers, not all. Maybe your server does need 0777 and 0666, happens on old or sometimes local environments. Or maybe the group/user is incorrect, though that’s really rare in my experience.

To simplify testing, you can open /assets/components/clientconfig/connector.php in your browser and keep hammering the permissions until the server lets it process and it returns JSON.

1 Like

Can you think of anything else to check? This is my 30th+ modx install, I did check and do have another modx install on this server and the installs themselves always go the same but never had this happen before.

All permission look good and match my other modx install on the same server so IDK what else to check there.

I did uninstall versionx again and I can edit all resources and templates again like normal. When I go to configuration I see the configuration page but as soon as I click on admin side it loads everything for a millisecond then I only see the buttons and everything says 404 in the console.

Any further help is appreciated. even if you want me to check/add other extras or something, I can.

What PHP version is being used ?

7.2. and I just changed it to 7.3 and deleted cache in browser and core but no help there either.

Also for what its worth I get the exact same behavior and errors in firefox and chrome.