Newspublisher Question

Dear Bob Ray,

I have Newspublisher 2.1.0 installed and editing posts works perfectly with pdoressources and a template where the call [[!NpEditThisButton? &np_edit_id=[[+id]]]] is in.

When I update to 3.1 button is not working anymore. Message: np_id is missing.
Ive also added &np_id=[[+id]] but that does not do the trick. The detail page is shown but not in editing mode. What has changed?

Thanks a lot,
Stefan

Thanks for posting your question, @sspind. In the future, you may wish to use the @ feature by typing @bobray so that the user will be mentioned. I’m sure he’d help when he’s next on.

1 Like

This is correct: &np_edit_id=[[+id]]]], but np_id should be the ID of the NewsPublisher page you’re sending them to. It’s set automatically if you haven’t changed the name of the NewsPublisher page, but if it’s changed, you have to set it manually.

It probably worked before because you accessed a page with the edit button before you changed the name of the NP page, so it got set in the edit button snippet properties. It’s better to put it in the tag, though, as it will then survive upgrades to NP.

1 Like

@bobray
Thanks, that did the trick!

I’m glad you got it sorted. Thanks for reporting back. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.