Newspublisher-3 without user login step, possible?

That’s right. The TV when included shows a simple text field but not the upload button.

But this upload won’t be in sync with the NP content; file path won’t be written into the database with the rest of NP submission?

Is there any way to add Captcha to a New Publisher form?.

I am going to try this as well.

Btw, thank you very much for all your answers, hints and advise. MODX people are the best! :slight_smile:

But this upload won’t be in sync with the NP content; file path won’t be written into the database with the rest of NP submission?

If by “not in sync” you mean that it won’t appear inside the NP section, that’s correct. It’s possible that you could write the file path to the DB, but it would be tricky.

Is there any way to add Captcha to a New Publisher form?

NP assumes that the user is logged in and that if you want Captcha, you’d put it on the login form.

That said, I think you could put a custom snippet at the top of the NP page that would check for a submission, and if the Captcha didn’t match, empty the submission info from the $_POST array and return an error message that would appear above the NP form.

1 Like

Finally, I decided to go with Formit2resource and it does exactly what I want.
On top of building a web form to write into a database (create resource) it allows simple file upload and adding Captcha to the form, while other security means remain optional.
What a relief.

Bob, may I suggest/request a feature based on my experience? I think NP usage might increase if there was a way to include a simple file upload field (not involving elFinder). Of course I have no idea what it takes to add one and whether it is possible at all.

Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.