MODX 3 - PHP fileinfo extension

Hi all.

So, trying out MODX 3 today to see what’s what!
I fell at the first hurdle though. I tried to install it and was met with this error:

MODX requires the PHP fileinfo extension

I’ve been trawling through cPanel, but can’t see where to install this extension - has anyone else had this issue?

OK I foudn it - but thought I’d leave it here in case anyone else has the same issue:

The PHP extension needs installing via WHM >> Software >> EasyApache 4

FWIW, fileinfo is a standard PHP extension so your host must’ve disabled it explicitly.

Interesting! Working now. Dashboard is looking sexy…

1 Like

cannot install MIGX on MODX3?

Install failed with Error in /core/components/migx/model/migx/migxpackagemanager.class.php:3: Class 'xPDOGenerator_mysql' not found
Could not install package with signature: migx-2.13.0-pl

Similar issue with SEO Suite:

xPDOVehicle resolver failed: type php (/home/account/modx3.site.co.uk/core/packages/seosuite-3.0.1-beta/modCategory/ec505a0a028497c8549cf816d1d3e078.setupoptions.resolver.resolver)
Could not load class: modTransportPackage from mysql.modtransportpackage
Could not get table name for class:
Error 42000 executing statement: Array ( [0] => 42000 [1] => 1064 [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'AS `latestPackage` WHERE `latestPackage`.`package_name` = `modTra...' at line 3 ) 

you can try the latest alpha
MIGX/_packages at master · Bruno17/MIGX (github.com)

Its not fully ready for 3, but might work for you, depending on your use case.

Does any of the MigxDB aspect of things work in Migx for Modx3 Yet, i have custom tables/ schemas set up using extrabuilder and i use MIGX for my CMPs (Modx 2.8.3).

Also on an unrelated but potentially related point, is the documentation related to the rest API still valid at Developing RESTful APIs - Extending MODX | MODX Documentation

I have a few systems that i want to upgrade but i don’t want to risk it if i would need to update all of my controllers following that rest API syntax

Thanks Bruno. On trying a few extras I use regularly, I think I’ll wait until issues have been ironed out. Is there somewhere we can report issues to help the devepers fix these bugs? Or do we report on each individual extra?

MIGXdb CMPs should work, when schema / class files was created on Revo 2.x

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.