MODX 3: Generated "[[!…" (don’t cache) tags seem not to work anymore

I saw the comment. I have not seen a PR that reverts these changes. Can you submit one so we can get this taken care of?

1 Like

Thanks again for all your help and valuable feedback, @halftrainedharry, @bobray, @joshualuckers and @opengeek!

I still feel a little uneasy about marking a solution here, for fear it might “go under” and not been officially fixed in core—possibly leading to a future upgrade overwriting the core change and breaking the sites again.

Personally, I’m not deep enough into MODX to see what side effects reverting PR #14458 actually might have, and what kind of tests would have to be written to ensure it works correctly. Then again, it seems the previous code has been working fine over years and years (and the change back solved our problems here), so I’d opt for reverting it back—ideally in a way that maybe also fixes the problem the PR was originally written for.

Unfortunately, this is currently all a little over my head, being more of a happy longtime user of “the best” CMS, after years of evaluating others. So what can we do to ensure the best possible experience for all MODXers with this issue?

Oh, and heartfelt thanks from my daughter (who silently follows this thread)—she was really impressed how problems are handled and solutions generated here in the MODX community. She actually borrowed all my MODX books on her last visit, and started following Bob’s Guides. (Love my kids! Maybe time to hand things over to the next generation, hee hee…)

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. I’m glad we could help, though halftrainedharry did the heavy lifting.