Media Manager Error on opening it's manager page

After a fresh error-free install of modx3-rc2, I installed mediamanager [BETA], configured it [as written on their github](https://github.com/Sterc/mediamanager), and then am confronted with this error on the media > media manager page:

Your default mediasource (ID 1) is not configured to use with the Media Manager. Please add a property 'mediamanagerSource' with value '1' to this mediasource and all other mediasources you want to use with the Media Manager.

I then triple checked the mediamanagerSource was set to 1 and that I added the property to the admin user and pointed it to the media source I’m using.

Finally, checking the error manager I am seeing the following errors:

[2022-02-24 17:47:42] (ERROR @ /home/******/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 1340) Could not get table class for class: modMediaSource
[2022-02-24 17:47:42] (ERROR @ /home/******/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 1309) Could not get table name for class: modMediaSource
[2022-02-24 17:47:42] (ERROR @ /home/******/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 786) modMediaSource::getSelectColumns() is not a valid static method.
[2022-02-24 17:48:08] (ERROR @ /home/******/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 786) modMediaSource::load() is not a valid static method.
[2022-02-24 17:48:16] (ERROR @ /home/******/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 786) modMediaSource::load() is not a valid static method.
[2022-02-24 17:56:17] (ERROR @ /home/******/public_html/core/vendor/xpdo/xpdo/src/xPDO/xPDO.php : 786) modMediaSource::load() is not a valid static method.

So I went in phpMyAdmin and found the modx_media_sources to double check the new property was registered properly:

a:4:{s:8:"basePath";a:6:{s:4:"name";s:8:"basePath";s:4:"desc";s:23:"prop_file.basePath_desc";s:4:"type";s:9:"textfield";s:7:"options";a:0:{}s:5:"value";s:1:"/";s:7:"lexicon";s:11:"core:source";}s:7:"baseUrl";a:6:{s:4:"name";s:7:"baseUrl";s:4:"desc";s:22:"prop_file.baseUrl_desc";s:4:"type";s:9:"textfield";s:7:"options";a:0:{}s:5:"value";s:1:"/";s:7:"lexicon";s:11:"core:source";}s:15:"imageExtensions";a:6:{s:4:"name";s:15:"imageExtensions";s:4:"desc";s:30:"prop_file.imageExtensions_desc";s:4:"type";s:9:"textfield";s:7:"options";a:0:{}s:5:"value";s:25:"jpg,jpeg,png,gif,svg,webp";s:7:"lexicon";s:11:"core:source";}s:18:"mediamanagerSource";a:6:{s:4:"name";s:18:"mediamanagerSource";s:4:"desc";s:0:"";s:4:"type";s:9:"textfield";s:7:"options";a:0:{}s:5:"value";s:1:"1";s:7:"lexicon";N;}}

I’m stuck wondering how to address this error. any ideas of how to move forward. I was very excited to try this addon, as the present mediabrowser does not jive with my clients needs.

Any feedback truely appreciated!

Running
Modx3-RC2
PHP 8.1 (maybe the issue?)

That extra is probably not ready for MODX 3, unless you’re able and willing to debug and did compatibility issues, you’ll want to report those issues on GitHub or reach out to its developer.

1 Like

I just realized my ignorance 5 minutes ago! I’ll investigate how I can help.

Thanks for your reply!

The spot to report Media Manager issues is here.

If you figure out how to fix it and are good with Git, you can submit a pull request at the same repository. It not, any information you can give the author in your bug report will help a lot.