Log files after upgrade to 2.8.2

HI all,

So I updated to 2.8.2 - site’s working fine, but I’m using the LogPageNotFound extra to log 404 errors. It use to save then into a file called:

core/logs/pagenotfound.log

This file is no longer updating, and when I tried to save it int he manage i got the error:

File extension log is not permitted.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Was working fine on 2.8.1

Thanks as always
Andy

I believe the error message (“File extension ‘log’ is not permitted.”) you see, when you try to edit the file by hand, is unrelated.

The code in the plugin LogPageNotFound should still be able to access the file.

Are there any related errors in the error log?

Thanks - You’re right - the file is updating. So thats fine - but I used to check the file and delete its contents to clear it down now and again via modx, but now I cannot edit it - is that a permissions thing do you think?

I think you can just add log to the list of file extensions in the system setting upload_files, then the editing should be possible.

Yep - you got it! I was searching the system settings but couldn’t remember what it was called! must be a Friday!! :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Andy

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.