Json to placeholders

Thank guys

Also needed a uppercase ‘D’ for doodle was not helping the situation!!!

Amazing

If you want to make sure, that a user can only edit his own doodles, then you probably have to use the where property (instead of the paramname property) because a user could just add an arbitrary id to the URL.

[[!FormIt?
   &where=`{"id": [[!getRequestId]], "createdby": [[!+modx.user.id]]}`
]]

This assumes your custom table has a column “createdby” that contains the id of the MODx user.

The code for the snippet getRequestId:

<?php
$value = 0;
if (isset($_REQUEST['id'])) {
    $value = intval($_REQUEST['id']);
}
return $value;
1 Like

Try to avoid id is url parameter. This could be interpreted as resource - id, for example when FURLs are off.

1 Like

Thanks @bruno17 and I was wondering if the url can be passed as a hash

you can’t read the hash part server side

1 Like

can I use link parameter to change a property from published to unpublished?

What exactly do you mean? Like another GET parameter <a href="[[~123]]?id=[[+id]]&unpublish=1">?

You can do that, but you’ll have to write some custom PHP code to handle such a request.

Yes
I suppose what I am trying to understand is within the loop chunk can I also delete the row (in reality unpublish)

<p>[[+username]] || [[+description]] || <a href="[[~123]]?createdon=[[+createdon]]">Edit Fields</a> || <a href="[[~[[*id]]]]?id=[[+id]]&published=0">Delete</a></p>

it returns to the loop with the row has gone

What I think i am struggling to understand is what is possible to implement (add/edit/delete) in the front end with the supplied snippets or do i always need to look at writing them…

If I do then i assume its something like this from gel in there video.

But then I don’t understand when/where or how you call the snippet as I assume this has to be during the loop call.

Also back to you previous point a constantly reloading page is a bit old hat and I should really be using Ajax for user experience.

thanks

With a link like this <a href="[[~[[*id]]]]?id=[[+id]]&published=0">Delete</a> where you reload the same page you would probably place the snippet above the loop call.

[[!deleteRow]]
[[!migxLoopCollection? ...]]

In the snippet check if there is a $_GET parameter published and then load the row from the database and change it with xPDO.

To make it work with AJAX you have different options.

You can create a new resource with a blank template that justs serves a an ‘AJAX endpoint’. Then call a snippet in this resource that does some stuff based on the available $_GET or $_POST parameters and returns some json.

Or you could create a full RESTful API for your use case.

Or maybe use the same resource, determine in a snippet if it is an AJAX call and change the output accordingly. pdoPage (from the extra pdoTools) does something like that.