Issues moving site to a new domain (with new directory and database)

I want to clone a site to a different location with its own database. Basically I would think the general “moving a site” things would apply here.

So I have

• logged out all users
  • cleared the cache via the manager and manually deleted it
  • copied the files to the new location
  • copied the database
  • changed the config file to match the new database, user, paths, etc
  • changed the other config files to point to the new core directory
  • tried to rerun the setup, BUT

Whenever I run the setup with the “Upgrade Exisitng Install” option, I get the old file path directories from the original site.

Whenever I run the setup with the “Advanced Upgrade Install” option, I get this error:
Checking database: Table prefix does not exist in this database!
My table prefix is set correctly though as far as I’m aware. It’s vn_ which is exactly like it shows before every table in there.

So basically I can’t run the setup in any way, but I really would like to, to ensure the move was clean. Any suggestions?

1 Like

That sounds like the core/config/config.inc.php file is not fully updated yet. You can try clearing the cache again (if you hadn’t yet since the move) to make sure nothing’s cached there.

1 Like

I have cleared the core/cache multiple times, even tried different browsers, just in case it’s cached somewhere there without success…

I just downloaded the original MODX installer again and used the setup from that folder, as I previously used the setup folder from the original install (which I moved outside the accessible parts ofc). That worked now, so it seems like somehow the setup folder is changed during install? Anyway, working fine now, thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.