Installing Fred

I am loaded Modx into a subdirectory called “recipe” as I am developing a site within my root site. I have done sites before like that and the paths all seem to work.

The css files are all there and their paths are:

/receipe/assets/themes/creative-one-page-theme/vendor/magnific-popup/magnific-popup.css
/recipe/assets/themes/creative-one-page-theme/css/fred-bootstrap.css
/recipe/assets/themes/creative-one-page-theme/vendor/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css

The “default” theme folder within the assets/themes is empty. Does this mean that the “creative one page theme” has to be installed for the above css files to be available?

In the js console it shows the modx.jsgrps-min.js cannot be opened but it is present in the recipe/manager/assets/modext/modx.jsgrps-min.js

The config file and .htaccess file each use /recipe/ as the path.

I hope this makes some sense!

1 Like

If you go to System Settings --> Fred (from the dropdown where it says “core”). Are the paths sets correctly there?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I had changed the template code from [[++fred.theme_dir]] with [[++fred.theme.fred-creative-one-page-theme.theme_dir]] from the fred settings and the errors are now:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) …http://…/recipe/assets/components/fred/web/endpoints/ajax.php?action=load-lexicons&topics=fredrtetinymce:default,fredfaeditor:default
Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 fred.min.js?v=462ebe:3

The .js files appear to be in the correct folders within the assets/themes/creative_one_page_theme folder
The folder assets/themes/default is empty. Is this correct?

1 Like

Still not getting anywhere with installing Fred. I am not a javascript expert so cannot check whether any coding errors.

1 Like

I have restarted and reinstalled the Fred extras. Still getting the same errors.

1 Like

The server returns an internal server error. Can you check the logs of your server and see if there is something wrong?

If you can’t add a template, do you have any sort of default template at all? Or is the content simply without any css or template?

What’s the output you get?

Thanks nuan88 and joshualuckers.

I could not find any server errors but I may be looking in the wrong place!

I am using the “creative one page theme template” as I downloaded it with Fred. I understand it uses its css files. When I go to the Fred extras the assign a theme just hangs and the Creative theme is not visible.

What file permissions should the folders and files have. Could this be causing a problem.

1 Like

Just changed the permissions of the assets and components folders so that they are not writeable by group. Think I may be getting there. Thanks for all the suggestions.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your help.

There were no errors in the server log as the php.ini file had the setting l"og_errors = Off". Once I changed this to “On” the errors in the log indicated permission issues with the “assets” and “assets/components” folders. After changing these from 775 to 755, Fred worked.

Hope this helps others who may have the same issue.

3 Likes

Glad you worked it out! :smiley:

Thanks for sharing the solution!

1 Like

All right, I’m gonna try to do the same thing to make it work for me too. thanks