Index page question

I am wanting to have a page within my site that is accessible in as a shorter URL without the .html suffix.
Example would be myDomain.com/myWebpage

Typically myWebpage would be a container, and inside would be an index.html page that the browser autofills. However, MODx will not allow me to use “index” as the resource alias because that is being used for the site’s main home page.

Is there a way for me to do this in MODx? I’m bringing in a structure created long ago in in DW… and trying to recreate the same structure in MODx.

pdoTools is just the ticket for solving this.

You can do this by removing the extension from the HTML content type. You don’t need pdoTools to accomplish this.

Thank you for the fast response. I don’t see the option for removing HTML. My select menu in the manager seems to force me to select at least one of the options.
pdoMenu… not working like I thought it would either. :frowning:

Just navigate to Content > Content Types and you should be able to edit the file extension field directly in the grid. Simply remove .html.

I see. Thank you for the clarification

NVM…
Was having a multitude of issues in trying to move older files and directories and run them under the umbrella of MODx. Accidentally left one of the directories in place… so it was creating all kinds of havoc when making edits and attempting to view the work.
Oh well. Always something really simple! Sorry for the bother.