MODX Community

GoogleSiteMap Snippet: Sitemap not updating

I’m using the basic installation of the GoogleSiteMap (v2) snippet without any modifiers. So just [[!GoogleSiteMap]]. But for some reason, my sitemap hasn’t updated since early February 2019 with the exception of the homepage.

Also, Google Search Console says that my sitemap “is on Google, but has issues”.

I’m not sure where to go with this at this point. As for the Search Console error, I’ve gone ahead and added this to my robots.txt file:

User-agent: Googlebot
Disallow:

User-agent: AdsBot-Google
Disallow:

User-agent: Googlebot-Image
Disallow:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Have you explored that on the google side? They tend to make it pretty easy to troubleshoot

Keep in mind google changes things from time to time, that’s what this could be

Yeah, I finally got the sitemap to be read again on their side. But the issue remains that I cannot get anything new after Feb 2019 to update on the feed itself.

1 Like

what info is google giving you about this issue since Feb?

Nothing. Until this past weekend, the last time the sitemap was read was in March of 2019. It only read it again on Sept. 13th because I added that part to the robots.txt file and reverified it.

It’s the sitemap extra that’s not updating. We have new content almost every day added to the website. There should be way more on it than just from February.

EDIT: the sitemap is located here: https://www.bipc.com/sitemap.xml

1 Like

Since it sounds like a problem with the snippet cache, have you tried clearing the cache through the manager? Or uninstalling GoogleSiteMap and reinstalling?

1 Like

I have not uninstalled it, but I will try that. I have cleared the cache in both the manager and manually by deleting the cache folder and letting MODX rebuild it.

1 Like

if that doesn’t work you might take a look at the github page for the snippet, I think there are already some cache related issues posted. And you will likely get a response there if you post an issue.

1 Like

thank i’ll do that. Reinstalling didn’t work.

1 Like

It seems to be working fine now. Not sure why though. But, the only weird thing is that it’s not categorizing in order like you would think. There’s no logic to it. It’s not alphabetical order or by modified date, or even by resource id. The order seems to be random.

1 Like

I don’t know but google might order according to the first date the robots spotted the resource.

1 Like