Extras not displaying on Microsoft server install

I have a new install as follows:

Windows Server 2016 Standard v1607
IIS 10.0.14393.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express (64-bit) v14.0.2037.2
MODX Revolution 2.8.1-pl
PHP Version 7.3.27

The Core directory sits outside the web directory and other Modx directories have been renamed.
The problem is that not all Extras are displaying in the Package Management area. When I click on Formit from the main Most Popular column the only Extras to display are FormItFastPack and AjaxForm.
This is the case for other Extras like PDOTools, Ace and others that I typically use.
The Error Log is as follows:

[2021-03-11 13:32:29] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ C:\inetpub\vhosts\charvo.co.uk\core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2021-03-11 13:32:29] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ C:\inetpub\vhosts\charvo.co.uk\core\model\modx\rest\modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.

Anyone any idea what’s causing this?
Thanks
J

Wow - a real life SQL Server install? :anguished: I wasn’t even sure those existed :laughing:

Those error messages are safe to ignore - they also get triggered in other environments due to some code being deprecated that the core itself still uses.

What’s the actual problem here is that the extras you’re trying to use claim to not be compatible with sqlsrv. That doesn’t seem to be shown on the extras site anymore, but developers can check a box that states if the extra is compatible with mysql, sqlsrv, or both, and if they didn’t check sqlsrv their extra wont show up in your installation.

A bunch of extras probably support sqlsrv just fine (i.e. Ace, PDOTools) while others that have custom database tables (i.e. FormIt) need to actively implement sqlsrv support in their extras as it requires creating additional database models.

Because real-world users of sqlsrv are so rare, I don’t know a lot of people who take the effort to test sqlsrv compatibility of their extras, never mind actively implementing support for it.

If you have a way to use mysql (may I suggest sending the sysadmin a suitable gift and sneaking the request in a personal note?) I would absolutely recommend that.

Thanks so much for your response. I’ll do just that and ask about mysql - otherwise I’ll have to move it away from this particular server.
Cheers :+1: