Connector.phps failing to load in manager

Migrated site to similar environment and children not showing for any extras (Collections, Gallery, SocialNetworks, RobotsBuilder etc.) in manager. Same behavior for all extras supposed to display children. The top menu items disappear (reappear when page refreshed) and manager page becomes unscrollable. 2 error messages in the browser’s console:

ext-base.js:21 POST https://DOMAINNAME/assets/components/gallery/connector.php?action=mgr/album/getNodes&id=root 404

modx.jsgrps-min.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: this.mask.addClass is not a function
at S.onShow (modx.jsgrps-min.js:1)
at S.afterShow (ext-all.js:21)
at S.show (ext-all.js:21)
at Object.show (ext-all.js:21)
at MODx.onAjaxException (modx.js?v=f3d80afb:122)
at h.Event.fire (ext-all.js:21)
at Ext.data.Connection.fireEvent (ext-all.js:21)
at Ext.data.Connection.handleFailure (ext-all.js:21)
at f (ext-base.js:21)
at m (ext-base.js:21)

The children exist, the front-end is fine.

MODX 2.7.3
PHP 7.3

logs do not give me anything manager related.

Check file permissions on assets/components/gallery/connector.php and every directory leading up to it, including assets/components/ and assets/components/. Migrating may have set file permissions incorrectly, causing the server to prevent access to them.

The web server logs (apache/nginx) may also contain messages telling you exactly which path is not readable by the process.

1 Like

Spot on. I had checked file permissions before posting the issue, but I was not thorough enough. I did confirm that the given components’ folders had 755 and the connector.phps had 644 permissions, but failed to see that the ‘assets’ folder and the ‘assets/components’ subfolder had 775s. Once corrected, it all worked like a charm. Thank you.

1 Like