Changes Not Saving

I am using MODX Revolution 2.2.6-pl (traditional).

When I try to save changes, the saving window pops up and it continues to scroll through but does not actually save.

How can I can resolve?

The most likely cause it an upgrade to a version of PHP that your version of MODX doesn’t support.

BTW, your version of MODX is way out of date. It has serious security vulnerabilities and problems with the cache. It was released Dec 3, 2012!

See if you can install and run UpgradeMODX. You may have to downgrade PHP to around version 5.6 to make that work.

Be sure not to skip major versions of MODX when upgrading. Install MODX Version 2.3.0, 2.4.0, 2.5.0, 2.6.0, 2.7.0, then the current version.

Thanks for the response. We do not use a desktop version of the software, just the web version. I do not see anywhere on how to upgrade this. Do I have to download versions to upgrade the web version?

The web version is the only one there is. :wink:

If you go to the Package Manager screen in the MODX Manager, you should be able to download and install UpgradeMODX. I can’t remember the details for your version, but if it has a dashboard, the UpgradeMODX widget should appear, making for very easy upgrades. Try that first.

If not, there is a “Resource” version that will install an UpgradeMODX resource. See the link in my previous message for details.