Can't delete richtext editor TINYMCEwrapper

Hi!
I am on revo 2.8.1 and when I tried to install a new richtext editor in the system settings from Tinymcewrapper to (ace, tinymce, tinymce rte) it won’t change to a new one.
I am very confused of that to do in order to change my richtext editor since I get this message all the time:

Your access to TinyMCE will expire on 25 Februrary 2021. Please either contact your administrator or upgrade your account using the instructions available here.

Thank you for all your assistance in this matter.

Not sure why you can’t change your system setting. Are there any errors in the console of the developer tools in your browser?

Regarding the expiration message. There is more information about that in this thread:

Hi. Thank you for your effort in helping me. Yes I do have a lot of errors. Not sure what they mean.
See example here:
public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
core/model/modx/modcachemanager.class.php : 349) Error caching lexicon topic lexicon/en/wayfinder/properties
[2021-04-14 14:14:43] (ERROR @ /home/grandtrips/domains/grandtripsweden.se/public_html/core/model/modx/modcachemanager.class.php : 349) Error caching lexicon topic lexicon/sv/wayfinder/properties
[2021-04-14 14:14:43] (ERROR @ public_html/core/model/modx/modcachemanager.class.php : 514) Error caching script elements/modsnippet/1
[2021-04-14 14:14:43] (ERROR @ /public_html/core/model/modx/modcachemanager.class.php : 514) Error caching script elements/modsnippet/1
14:54] (ERROR in xPDO::getService @ public_html/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1234) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.
[2021-04-15 12:14:54] (ERROR in modRestCurlClient::__construct @ public_html/core/model/modx/rest/modrestcurlclient.class.php : 26) modRestClient::__construct is deprecated since version 2.3.0. Use the modRest classes instead.

appreciate your feedback :slight_smile:

All these error messages (from your error log) seem to be unrelated.

To check if any Javascript errors occur, please open the developer tools of your browser (usually F12 or Ctrl-Shift-i) and check the tabs Console and Network.
When you change the value of the system setting which_editor, it should create a new XHR-request (action = “system/settings/updatefromgrid”). Is this request successful?

I have checked console and network for my page and no error what so ever occurred.

I tried to uninstall tinymce today and then all my pages inside modx got a http 500 error.
When I installed the snippets again my site worked fine.
Very strange.
So it seems like the system function of changing richtext editor now is locked to only tinymcewrapper.
Non of the others will work. Any other suggestions? Thanks again

Maybe you could try changing the value of the system setting manually in the database table modx_system_settings.

When uninstalling TinyMCE, it may have left its plugin behind in Elements > Plugins which is causing your error. Remove that, and try again.

After that, re-enable the use_editor system setting TinyMCE may have disabled, and then set which_editor to the new one which you want to use.

Are you getting rid of TinyMCEWrapper just because of that error message? If so, no need to get rid of the plugin. Just update the settings. Edit the plugin in the Elements tab, click the Properties tab, click the “Default Properties Locked” button to enable editing, scroll down a little and change the “tinysrc” setting to:
https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/tinymce/4.9.11/tinymce.min.js

Save, and the message will stop appearing.

FYI, normally the best practice when editing plugin Properties is to make a custom property set and link to that, since updating the plugin will wipe out any changes to the default property set. But, in this case, I assume the next update to this plugin will change the tinysrc setting anyway because this message is well-known. If you’ve already made a custom property set for this plugin, then edit that instead of the default property set.

1 Like