Cannot to upload image as TV property via NewsPublisher and Article edit/view permission issues

Hi,
Thanks in advance.
Could anyone help me?
Actually! I am using NewsPublisher where frontend users can Contribute An Article from the UI but facing the permission issue for creating/edit.

and upload article image as TV property not working.

Thanks

It’s difficult to help without more information.

• Are the users logged in in the front end?

• Are the users members of a user group?

• Are the resources in a resource group?

• Is that resource group connected to the user group with a Resource Group Access ACL entry with a Policy of NewsPublisherEditor and a minimum role that allows the rule to apply to them (e.g., not “member”)?

• Is there a Media Source for the image file and do the users have rights to it?

• If the TV is protected by either a Resource Group or Element Category Access ACL, do the users have rights to that resource group or element category?

Hi @bobray, Thanks for your concern,
Please find the attached file and below what I have done
Are the users logged in in the front end? ---------------->Yes

Are the users members of a user group? ----------------->No

Are the resources in a resource group? -------------------->Yes

Is that resource group connected to the user group with a Resource Group Access ACL entry with a Policy of NewsPublisherEditor and a minimum role that allows the rule to apply to them (e.g., not “member”)? ------------------------->NO

Is there a Media Source for the image file and do the users have rights to it? --------------->YES

If the TV is protected by either a Resource Group or Element Category Access ACL, do the users have rights to that resource group or element category?----->YES

First, add this property to all NpEditThisButton tags:

&np_id=`##`

Where ## is the ID of your NewsPublisher page.

Next, try putting the users in a user group and creating a new Resource Group Access ACL entry for the user group connecting it to the Resource Group with a context of ‘web’ (or other front-end context) and a Policy of NewsPublisherEditor and an authority level the users can meet (in other words, use their role in the user group).

If the TV is protected by either a Resource Group or Element Category Access ACL, do the users have rights to that resource group or element category?----->YES

BTW, If the users are not in a user group, how did you give them the rights to a a protected resource group or category?

Hi @bobray,
Actually! I am using the below code for creating the article.
[[!NewsPublisher?&show=pagetitle,description,introtext,content,Upload article image
&parentid=5027
&templateid=63
&initfilebrowser=1
&captions=introtext:Summary,description:Brief description,content:Enter Content,upload_images
]]
Kindly! correct the missing code.
And also please advise for giving rights as below
If the TV is protected by either a Resource Group or Element Category Access ACL, do the users have rights to that resource group or element category?----->No

Thanks!
Sajid Sayeedi

Is this the name of your TV?
Is it set as an ‘image’ TV?

Hi @bobray,
Please find attached the image-property file
“Upload article image” is an image upload property for TV.

What happens when you click on “Select an Image”?

Hi @bobray,
Nothing happens when clicking on it.
Actually! I am not very familiar with MODx I really irritated by trying again and again.
Could you help me remotely if you don’t have any problems.
Thanks!
Sajid

Try changing the name of your template variable so that it doesn’t contain spaces.

I believe the jQuery click handler doesn’t work correctly, if there is a space in [[+npx.fieldName]].

$('#np-[[+npx.fieldName]]_button').on('click', function() { ... }