I’m trying to build a CMP for a client and I’m having trouble getting started. The CMP should allow the client to search for a user by email and if that user is found, they can add or subtract points from that user.
I have already created a package that saves points to a user’s account via the ‘web’ section of the website but I can’t figured out how to achieve this same result via the ‘mgr’ section.
Here are steps that I’m trying to achieve:
- On the CMP, have a form with an input box that request the user’s email.
- On submit, query the database (mod_users I believe) for email address.
- If found, return user’s id, display the user’s current points and display a new form asking if you want to add or subtract points.
- Enter the amount of points to add/substract, on submit, confirm submission before submission.
- Add new row to package by either adding/subtracting from user’s account.
I know this be simple for most but I’m lost when I try to build a CMP within the mgr from the docs. It seems that I have to learn Ext JS (I don’t know it but I’m willing to learn it) to build the form, to submit and query the DB. Is there a simple Ext JS Modx tutorial that has a form submission that I can follow? Or can someone please point me in the direction that I should go?