Blank Editor Pages

Hello all,
I have a strange issue on a site I am working on. The text editor and pages are blank in the ACP, others show some content, but the content is different to what is being displayed in the site front.
It’s a very old site, I have been asked to make some changes but the text fields in the editor are actually blank.
Has anyone come across this before and does anyone have any advice they can offer please?
Hope all is well.
Many thanks

Are there any (relevant) error messages in the console of the browser’s developer tools (F12 or Shift + CTRL + I)? Or maybe in the MODX error log?

Do you use an extra to add a rich text editor to the content field, like “TinyMCE” or " TinyMCE RTE"? (Maybe check the system setting which_editor.)

1 Like

Hello, thank you for taking the time to reply.
It’s using TinyMCE
Yes, something about it being in ‘quirks mode’ and TinyMCE JS.
There are literally hundreds of errors in the logs. Unlink errors, filewrite permission errors, (I can’t even use FTP).
Errors like this;

[2022-01-31 14:20:56] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource
Warning: mkdir(): File exists in htdocs/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/6.include.cache.php on line 7

Warning: fopen(//htdocs//assets/images/accesson.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in htdocs/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/6.include.cache.php on line 7

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in htdocs/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/6.include.cache.php on line 7

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in htdocs/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/6.include.cache.php on line 7

Thank you.

I believe this extra is no longer maintained. Does the site work correctly if you deactivate it?
Or maybe try replacing it with TinyMCE RTE.

What is your MODX version? What is the PHP version?

Most of the warnings you posted come from the plugin with the ID=6. What is this plugin?
Maybe try deactivating it.

1 Like

Thank you. I have managed to get it working in a different browser. So I can now make the changes necessary but have advised the client to update all of this. As you say, a lot of it isn’t supported anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after discussion ended and a solution was marked. New replies are no longer allowed. You can open a new topic by clicking the link icon below the original post or solution and selecting “+ New Topic”.