Autoresponder sends extra emails

I have a simple subscribe form with one field, an email address. This form is sending three identical emails for each submission, which I can see in the formit submitted forms. If I remove the autoresponder snippet, only one form is sent. I have another contact form on the same site that is using autoresponder but sends only one form.

My client reports this a new behavior. The only updates to the site have been Modx and Extras upgrades.

Any ideas?

Modx 2.8.0
Formit 4.2.5

This is the form.

<div>
[[!FormIt? 
&hooks=`spam,email,FormItSaveForm,FormItAutoResponder,redirect` 

&fiarTpl=`subscribeemailcc` 
&fiar=`xxxxxx` 
&fiarFrom=`xxxxxx`
&fiarSubject=`Email Subscription` 

&emailTpl=`subscribesendto` 
&emailFrom=`websignup@xxxxxx.com`
&emailTo=`websignup@xxxxxx.com` 

&redirectTo=`21` 
&emailUseFieldForSubject=`0`
&emailSubject=`Email Subscription` 

&validate=`email:email:required`
&submitVar=`emailsubscribe`]]
</div>
<div id="form_container" class="clearfix">

<form class="form" action="[[~[[*id]]]]" method="post">
  <input id="workemail" type="text" name="workemail:blank"  value="[[!+fi.workemail]]"/> 

<span class="error">[[!+fi.error.email]]</span>
  <input id="email" type="text" name="email" value="Email Address"  /> 

<div class="form-buttons"><input name="emailsubscribe" id="button" type="submit" value=" " /></div>

</form>
</div><!--form_container-->

Am I reading this correctly that the formit component shows 3 submissions when you only submitted it once?

Yes that is correct. The target email in box is receiving three as well.

Just checking to see if you have any ideas.

So you are saying that the form you posted sends 3 emails, but when you just remove FormItAutoResponder from the list of hooks everything works fine?

&hooks=`spam,email,FormItSaveForm,redirect`

That doesn’t make much sense. The code calls the hooks one after the other in a foreach loop and the FormItAutoResponder-hook basically just sends an email.

When I test the form you posted on my system everything works fine. Are you able to reproduce the behaviour on a test-installation? Without a reproducible setup it is hard to determine the cause of the problem.

I don’t think there is a property &fiar=`xxxxxx` (but that shouldn’t cause any problems).
Do you call any snippets in the chunk subscribeemailcc or does it only contain placeholders?

I’ll have to go back and look at this again. I haven’t reproduced the problem. However, there is another form on the site using the auto responder and it sends just one email.

My client said this just started happening a few weeks ago. There haven’t been any changes to the site that I’m aware beyond the recent upgrades to Modx and extras.

I’ll dive back in.

Ok, I’ve solved this problem. It turns out there were multiple instances of the form on the page with same submitVar. Once I made them all unique, the form is sending only one.

Thanks for nudge.